BIFA has recently revealed the 29 freight forwarding companies that have been shortlisted as finalists for the nine service categories of this year’s British International Freight Association’s Freight Service Awards, with 10 of them making the finalist shortlists in more than one category.
Those shortlisted in the nine service categories of the awards, which are now in their 35th year, are as follows:
- Air Cargo Services Award (sponsored by IAG Cargo): cargo-partner Ltd, deugro (UK) Ltd, Hogg Global Logistics Ltd, and Killick Martin & Company Ltd
- European Logistics Award (sponsored by TT Club): Atlantic Pacific Global Logistics Ltd, Baxter Freight Ltd, Brunel European Ltd, Espace Europe Ltd, and Uniserve Holdings Limited
- Ocean Services Award (sponsored by Port Express): F.S. Mackenzie Ltd, Hemisphere Freight Services Ltd, Woodland Group, and World Cargo Logistics Ltd
- Sustainable Logistics & the Environment Award (sponsored by American Airlines Cargo): Woodland Group Ltd, Maersk Logistics and Services UK Ltd, Metro Shipping Ltd, DHL Global Forwarding, and Geodis FF United Kingdom Ltd
- Extra Mile Award (sponsored by Descartes): Cardinal Global Logistics, Cargo Overseas Limited, Hogg Global Logistics Ltd, and Kranlee Logistics Ltd
- Project Forwarding Award (sponsored by Macbeths): Brunel Shipping & Liner Services Ltd, Hemisphere Freight Services Ltd, Peters & May Limited, and Ucargo LLP
- Specialist Services Award (sponsored by Thyme IT): Cardinal Global Logistics, Metro Shipping Ltd, Seafast Logistics Ltd, and Ucargo LLP
- Staff Development Award (sponsored by Albacore Systems): DHL Global Forwarding, Kranlee Logistics Ltd, OIA Global Ltd, Uniserve Holdings Limited, and Unsworth UK
- Supply Chain Management Award (sponsored by BoxTop Technologies): Atlantic Pacific Global Logistics Ltd, Kerry Logistics (UK) Ltd, Ligentia UK Ltd, Noatum Logistics UK Ltd, and Uniserve Holdings Limited
- The finalists in the Apprentice of the Year category – sponsored by Menzies LLP, are Jacob Swift – Avocet Clearance; Samuel Barrett – Charles Kendall Freight; Cameron Smith – Ligentia; Leanne Read – Neon Freight; Kieran Elkin – Dachser; and Richard Smith – Ziegler UK.
- In the Young Freight Forwarder of the Year category, sponsored by Virgin Atlantic Cargo, the following have been revealed as finalists: Amelia Mulhern – Kuehne+Nagel; Christopher Carter – Peterson (United Kingdom) Ltd; Emily Howard – Westbound Logistics; Georgia Gibson – cargo-partner; Michael Shiels – DHL Global Forwarding and Nicola Hall – Edge Worldwide Logistics.
The finalists in each category will now go forward to the final round of judging with winners due to be announced at the BIFA Annual Luncheon and Awards Ceremony on Thursday 18th January 2024 when Suzi Perry, the accomplished broadcaster and ‘Queen of the Pit Lane’, will host many BIFA members and their guests.
Tickets are now on sale for the event, which will once again provide a valuable opportunity for attendees to acknowledge both the finalists and winners, as well as networking with people from within the industry.
Further information relating to entries and luncheon reservations can be obtained by visiting the BIFA website www.bifa.org/awards
Read more news and exclusive features in our latest issue here.