Get to know Gurj Sohal, Import/Export Operations, Entec International in International Trade Magazine’s latest Traders Corner
- What does ‘logistics’ mean to you?
To me logistics signifies the ability for us to communicate and cooperate. In essence, it is one of the earliest human networks. Without cooperation and communication there is no logistics.
- What made you want to work in the industry?
Logistics is such a dynamic industry, which poses new challenges every day. The day-to-day challenges of moving cargo across the globe makes every day different and unique.
- If you could change anything in the industry what would it be?
Right now, excessively complicated administrative procedures for some destinations. In some cases we seem to be going backwards – Brexit anyone??
- What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
Was asked recently if my battery powered wireless mouse worked on batteries…while referring to it as a battery powered mouse…
- What three traits define you?
Composure, reasoning, sense of humour.
- What’s the most important trend you see today?
The growth of the virtual working environment due to the pandemic.
- How do you define success?
Achieving defined objectives and being happy – everything is good when you’re happy.
- What’s the most interesting thing about you, which we wouldn’t learn from your CV?
When I was 9, I played a small role in a public safety video production for schools. I played the role of a renegade menace who wanted to play football on the streets!
- If you weren’t working at Entec International, what would you be doing?
Working in the science research field, particularly on clean water technologies. Something so vital to life and yet so scarce to many.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully happy, healthy and still able to face challenges head on. That’s the plan, but what I have learnt about plans is that life has its own!
To stay up to date on the latest, trends, innovations, people news and company updates within the global trade and logistics market please register to receive our newsletter here.
Rebecca Morpeth Spayne,
Editor, International Trade Magazine
Tel: +44 (0) 1622 823 922